I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Quilt #67 ~ Rain Forest Pinwheel Quilt 2004

Rain Forest Pinwheel Quilt 2004

I had this rainforest jungle fabric in my stash, but I didn’t know exactly what to do with it … until I saw this design in McCall’s Quilting Quick Quilts (2000), which was created with the exact same fabric: R. Kaufman’s Rain Forest collection.  Here is a picture of the original pattern:


Although I made the quilt top in 2003, I did not complete the quilt until 2004.  I donated this quilt to the Fender Guitar Museum in Corona, CA for their fundraising event.

Raffle winner with her quilt.  Look at that smile!

July 2004

Patches of Life

When we moved to Corona in October 1996, my boys were 9 and 5 years old.  One of the first community events we attended was the city’s Fire Department Safety Expo, which not only had activities for kids on safety but also booths from other community organizations.

clip_image002[3]
clip_image002[4][2]

One of those organizations was the Fender Guitar Museum.  Although associated with the guitar manufacturer, they were an independent non-profit organization that offered free music lessons to children, which was an awesome opportunity.  We immediately registered our boys for piano, guitar, and drum lessons.  DH also became very involved and volunteered many hours, especially with their fundraising efforts.

clip_image002[6][2]
clip_image002[8][3]

Although he’s given up the drums, our oldest son still plays the guitar.  And even though our youngest boy did not continue with his music lessons, I still believe it was a great experience for him.


No comments: