I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quilt #203 ~ Vivian’s Watercolor Heart Wall Hanging 2010

WatercolorHeart

Watercolor Heart

Back in 2003, my BQFF Brenda and I decided to take a class to learn to make a watercolor quilt, so we each purchased this watercolor kit. Well, we NEVER made it to the class, and the kit … project … was put away until we got “around to it”.  Six years later, we are now both retired so we decided it was time to get “around to it”.

In August 2009 I spent a weekend at her home in Big Bear and completed the center watercolor heart. (I blogged about it here.) I brought the unfinished project home, and eventually finished it with an inner and outer border. I quilted it with stippling throughout the center. It measures 25 inches square.

I gave this to BFF Vivian for being such a wonderful and supportive friend.  I heart Vivian!

February 2010


My BFF Brenda enjoyed making her watercolor heart so much that she made a few more for gifts.  I was the lucky recipient of one of her gifts:

004

It’s hanging in my sewing room, right next to the door.  I’m leaving it up all year round so I can think if my BFF Brenda every day!

No comments: