I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Quilt #140 ~ Cody’s Back In The Saddle Quilt 2006

173

Back In The Saddle”

I made this quilt with fabrics I already had in my stash.  This pattern is from the book Quilts for Peaceful Moments by Friendfolks Quilts.  Nine-patch blocks and 6-inch squares are positioned in an alternating setting in this easy-to-make quilt, which measures 59 x 71 inches.  I quilted it with an all-over meander design on my Mega Quilter.  I tried to get fancy by quilting stars and words (like Howdy) on it.  Still need more practice!

April 2006


P1020393

Cody & His Quilt ~ December 2008

I gave this quilt to my grandson Cody for Christmas 2008 when I visited DD and family in Texas.  Each of my grandchildren received quilts from Grandma on that visit.

No comments: