I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Quilts #74 - #75 ~ Heroes Stamp Wall Hanging 2004

I made this wall hanging from a kit I bought at my LQS in 2003.  The main fabric (center of the star and border) is a reproduction of the US postage stamp “Heroes” which came out after the 9/11 tragedy.  I still have this quilt and have it displayed on a quilt rack.

October 2004


In August 2004, I visited DD in Tennessee.  One day, we were at the local Walmart store and saw this same fabric … so I bought some to make DD her own Heroes wall hanging.  I took the fabric home to make the quilt and gave her the 2nd wall hanging for Christmas.

No comments: