I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Quilt #200 ~ Vincent’s Quilt 2009

Drum Roll Please …. 200th Quilt Project and a decade of quilting!  TA-DA!!

InLineofDuty

“In the Line of Duty”

The pattern for this quilt is from McCall's Quilting Quick Quilts and is named “In the Line of Duty” (c2001).  This patriotic quilt was designed to honor police officers who were injured or killed in the line of duty.  Eight of the red blocks are arranged horizontally to represent the slain officers, and blue vertical strips signify the “thin blue line” of law officers who protect us all.

I finished this quilt on December 31, 2009 – my 200th quilt project – and made it for DS#2 who graduated from high school in June 2009 and hopes to make law enforcement his career.

December 2009


Patches of Life

And so ends 10 years of quilting (1999-2009) and 200 quilt projects, from table runners and wall hangings all the way up to lap/twin size quilt tops and quilts.  And only 9 quilts for 2009!  You’d think now that I’m retired I’d have more time to quilt.  Truth is that I spend time doing so many other things … I am busier now than ever!  But I hope the next 10 years still find me quilting and doing more advanced projects … I would like that very much!

No comments: