I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, June 11, 2010

My Quilt #214 ~ Autumn Stretched Star Nickel Quilt 2010

DSC01440

I made this quilt from scraps that I’ve had around for years.  Individually, these squares are outdated and not very inspiring.  But put them together into a scrappy quilt, and they all somehow work beautifully together! 

DSC01438

The pattern for this quilt is “Autumn Stretched Star” from Pat Speth’s “Nickel Quilts” book; and I used an alternate X–O block arrangement.  The design is created with 5-inch squares from fall-theme fabric and 2-1/2” squares in a cream color.  I quilted it with an overall stippling design; and it measures 57” square.  This was a really easy and fast pattern!

June 2010

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

love how you are using all of your scraps. Nice quilt!

Emelie said...

I love all these fall colors.