I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quilt #201 ~ Appliqué Hearts Quilt 2010

DSC00819 DSC00821

This was an online quilt-along blogging project with Chrissie Grace of “In His Grace”. I started it in August 2009 and FINALLY finished quilting and binding it in January 2010. It has 80 blocks with an 8x10 layout.  Each has a 4" applique heart and finishes at 6 inches.

This is another Project Linus donation so the binding is sewn on by machine.  I think this makes it sturdier to withstand the many machine washings. I also quilted it with an all-over loopy design, which seems much easier than meandering.  The hearts are appliquéd with a raw edge so they should get fuzzier with each washing.

The backing is a pre-owned curtain that was donated by my neighbor. This was a very simple and fun quilt to make.  It measures 56 x 66 inches.

January 2010

UPDATE:  Sold on eBay in May 2011.

No comments: