I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Quilts #145-146 ~ Scrappy Warm Wishes Quilts 2007

2823945210052745537sKcMQZ_fs
I made these quilt tops from my fabric stash using the “Warm Wishes” pattern from Quiltmaker magazine.  I used 6-inch squares with multi-color units of strips.

2993744600052745537RtPbkb_fs

This was a fast, fun project and I love the warm colors!

UPDATE 8/15/2013:  My cousin Angie Luckey, from Idaho, came to California to visit family.  I was able to catch up with her at my Godmother’s home in Los Angeles.  Prior to my visit, I spoke with her on the phone and she told me she wanted to make a quilt for her yet-to-be-born grandchild.  During my visit, I gave her a super quick lesson on cutting.  And, I gave her a book and a few quilting supplies to get her started.  I also gave her one of these quilts and I gave the other quilt to my Godmother.  I was so happy to see both of them and wish we could visit more often.

No comments: