I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Quilts #168 - #169 ~ Weed Whacker Quilt Tops 2008

2322792320052745537KfMYJF_fs

Unfinished Quilt Top 58 x 76 ~ Sold on Etsy $55.00

2288492060052745537ynWkDO_fs

Unfinished Quilt Top 58 x 76 ~ Sold on Etsy $55.00

The design for these quilt tops is called "Weed Whacker" by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.com and uses 2" strips and 3.5" squares. Each 18" block is made of four 9" units. Twelve blocks and 6½ yards of cotton fabric were used to make these tops. I used scraps from my stash and most come from quality cotton fabric, but some scraps came from swaps that I participated in several years back.

I sold these tops on Etsy to the same buyer, who told me she was going to quilt them and then send me a picture of the completed quilts.  See below.

April 2008


Weed Whacker Pink 5

 

Weed Whacker Pink 3

The buyer quilted the tops and sent me a picture of the completed quilt and the labels she added. She also added an outer border to the pink top and replaced the border of the green top.

No comments: