I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Quilt Parade F: Other Quilts 2008

DSC01376

This wall hanging is very special to me.  Not only did my BQFF Brenda make it, but she also gave it to me when I retired in December 2008.  My co-workers had a small luncheon reception for me on my last day, and this was her gift.

December 2008


Patches of Life

After 13 years working for the City of San Gabriel and a total of 25 years working in the public sector (first for the L.A. Community College District and then for the City of Monterey Park), I decided to finally retire at the young age of 55.  Not to say I won’t work again since I can still work for the private sector; but for now, considering the bad economy, I think I’ll just wait a year … or two!  I still have many more quilts that need to be finished!

No comments: