I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quilt #212 ~ Wrapped in Hope Quilt 2010

Another Wrapped In Hope quilt … this is the third quilt I have donated to this wonderful program.  This quilt is for Christian from California, and he likes Spider-man and books.

I already had the Spider-man material in my stash, which I’d purchased a couple years back.  I alternated the 6-inch squares with red, white & blue Hourglass blocks.  So simple, but what a great design!  Do you see the secondary design the blocks create … the white star?


My friend Mary also made a Wrapped in Hope quilt.  Here we are in the parking lot of the community center right before our guild meeting.  Her quilt has butterflies and a pretty pink flannel backing.  Perfect for a sweet young lady!

May 2010

No comments: