I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Quilt #199 ~ Stella’s Quilt 2009

California Crossroads”

The pattern and fabric for this quilt was originally purchased in 2001 during the Southern California Quilters’ Run. DD saw the original sample quilt in the LQS in Burbank and immediately fell in love with it—the border fabric features tigers!

But life has a funny way of throwing curve balls and the making of the quilt was delayed. During my visit with DD in December 2008, she said the only thing she wanted for her January birthday was this quilt. Well, I’m ashamed to admit that I did not get the quilt done for her January birthday. But a year later, December 2009, I did finally finish it as her Christmas gift … more than 8 years after originally buying the pattern and fabric!

The pattern is from the “California Cruisin’ Southern California Quilter’s Run” (2001) book by Terry Atkinson of Atkinson Designs.

December 2009

No comments: