I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quilt #208 ~ Camp Sloanie Quilt 2010

DSC01005[7]

I’m a fan of Pat Sloan designs and just love her fabric!  And just because I needed another project to do (not!), I joined Camp Sloanie for the Winter StashBuster weekend event that started on Friday, February 5.  You had to sign up on her website to get the directions to complete the quilt. And, no, this fabric is not Pat Sloan’s.

I didn’t finish it before the end of the weekend, but did finally finish it in March.  I machine quilted it with an all over swirly design and tacked down the binding by hand.  It measures 61 inches square.

I had a few leftover blocks, and there’s no better way to use them than to include them in the backing.  And, a quilt is not really finished until it has it’s label:

DSC01008

I am really bad about putting labels on my quilts.  My BQFFs are always getting on me for this!   So I made the label on my computer using instructions from The Crafty Gemini.  I then attached my label to the backing BEFORE I quilted the top.   It’s machine sewn on all four sides and then securely quilted.  I don’t think this label is going anywhere!  I also blogged about this quilt here.

March 2010

UPDATE:  Sold on Etsy in December 2011

No comments: