I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quilt #213 ~ Patriotic Roman Stripes Quilt 2010

DSC01373

This is my second string quilt for the two string quilt challenges I’m participating in.  I blogged about my first string quilt here. I thought the Memorial Day weekend was a good time to finish this one up. I’ll be donating this quilt to the Quilts of Valor program.

DSC01374

I started it way back in March and posted about it here.  It all began with a pile of strings in patriotic fabrics that I’ve had for years.  The quilt measures 52 x 65 inches.

May 2010

UPDATED:  Sold on eBay in May 2011

1 comment:

Emelie said...

This is a very neat design I would like to give a try to