I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quilt #204 ~ Wrapped In Hope 2010

WIP12010B

Margaret's Hope Chest is a non-profit quilting organization that provides birthday quilts for children of prisoners across the country. 

Gabriella is a 'Wrapped in Hope' child from California and her birthday is March 2! She likes pink, purple, and black and Disney Princesses so I made this quilt especially for her.

DSC00876

The border fabric is pink and has an all-over design with Princess and crowns.  I used pink and purple fabrics with lime green and black fabrics for accent.  I also used a fabric with butterflies and pink/purple colors.

WIP12010D

I was fortunate to find this Disney Princess fabric at Wal-Mart and purchased what was left on the bolt: 1.5 yards so I had to piece it.  It shows a little blue in the picture above but it is actually a lavender background.

February 2010

No comments: