I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, June 4, 2010

My Quilts #91 - #93 ~ I-Spy Quilts 2005

I love these I-Spy quilts!  I made the three kid-size quilt tops as stash busters in early 2005; and finished quilting and binding them in November 2005.  When my auntie Patty passed away just before the Thanksgiving holiday, I went to Texas and took my finished quilts to give my cousins.


428081271gPoHBg_ph

This I-Spy quilt is made with hexagons and triangles.  I gave this quilt to 5-year-old Phillip Aaron Herrera, my third cousin, and son of Gloria Monica and Otto Herrera.  Gloria is the daughter of my first Cousin David, my Uncle Manuel’s son.


ERIC_ISPY

This I-Spy quilt is made with triangles and novelty fabric squares.  I gave this quilt to 8-year-old Eric Brandon Herrera, my third cousin, and Phillip Aaron’s brother.


428081072HqQVDL_ph

This is another I-Spy quilt made with triangles and novelty fabric.  I gave this quilt to baby Rosie Luckey, my third cousin, and daughter of Brian Luckey.  Brian is the son of my first cousin Angela, my Auntie Patty’s daughter.

November 2005

No comments: