I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, June 4, 2010

My Quilt Parade: My Short Arm Quilting Machine 2005


My brand new Husqvarna Mega Quilter and Inspira Quilt Frame - a birthday/Christmas gift from my DH ~ 2005

So this post is not about any quilt, but it is related to my quilts so I’m including it here.

Like many other quilters, I dream of having a long-arm quilting machine.  Too bad my budget doesn’t agree and refuses to let me buy one! 

But one day in September 2005, DH and I went to the L.A. County Fair aka The Pomona Fair.  And, as we do every time we go, we check out the sewing machine vendors so that I can drool all over the fancy, amazing machines.  Long story short, before the end of that day, DH went back to this vendor and purchased the Mega Quilter and Inspira Quilt Frame as a gift for my birthday (which is in October) slash Christmas gift.

I love quilting, but it’s so much more fun to have a wonderful spouse who is so supportive of your habit hobby!

530242524GATXHO_fsDecember 2005

The frame has two sizes; and in the pictures above, the frame is set up at the smallest size, which is great for wall hangings and lap-size or kid-size quilts.  But I now have it set up to its maximum size, which can fit a king-size quilt. 

It is SO much easier to put up a quilt on the frame than it is to get down on my knees on the floor to pin the quilt sandwich … especially since it’s difficult to get back up! With few exceptions, all my quilts from this point on are quilted on the Mega Quilter.  It’s a wonderful life!

December 2005

No comments: