I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Quilt #71 ~ Trip Around the World 2004


I made this wall hanging from a kit I won from Eleanor Burns of Quilt In a Day.  My BQFF Brenda and I saw Ms. Eleanor in Redlands, CA during the 2003 Heritage Home Tour.  We had a great time; and enjoyed visiting all the Victorian homes and seeing all the quilts displayed in the homes.

I gave this quilt to my co-worker and sometime-lunch-buddy Cindy S. for Christmas 2004.

September 2004


Patches of Life

Speaking of Eleanor Burns, she has such a fun-loving and charming personality that even if I didn’t quilt I think I’d still love her!  Of course, I love all her patterns.

In April 2003, I visited DD in Nashville, TN, a hop-skip-and-a-jump from Paducah, KY (a 2-1/2 hour drive), and the AQS Quilt Show.  It was a fantastic opportunity for us, and we were not only excited to be at the show but also to meet Ms. Eleanor herself.  It was a memorable trip!

No comments: